Public car parking is prohibited kerbside at the Launceston Airport Terminal. Visitors can be set down and passengers picked up kerbside within the sign posted area in the front of the terminal building as long as the vehicle is not left unattended and the one minute limit is abided by. Vehicles not abiding by the regulations or being unattended may be towed away and subject to infringement.
By entering a car park at Launceston Airport, the vehicle owner/driver acknowledges that these conditions of use of the car park apply:
- The owner/driver is liable to pay a parking fee;
- The owner/driver will comply with all lawful directions and requests, including the provision of full name(s) and address(es), made by a Launceston Airport employee;
- The vehicle and its occupants enter and use the car park entirely at the risk of the owner/driver; and Launceston Airport shall not be liable to any person, including the owner/driver, for any loss or damage to any person or property however caused;
- The owner/driver in connection with using of the car park indemnifies Launceston Airport for any loss or damage suffered by Launceston Airport or by its employees as a result of that use; and
- Any notice to be served on the owner/driver shall be sufficiently served if sent by prepaid post to the address of the owner as shown in the relevant State or Territory register of motor vehicles.
- Unregistered and abandoned vehicles left in the car parks will be reported to the Police, removed from the car park and subsequently disposed of.
- The Airports Act 1996 also applies to usage of these car parks.