Wireless Internet Access at Launceston Airport
Free WIFI - "Airport Free Wi-Fi"
Launceston Airport now offers free Wi-Fi access throughout our terminal which is available in all public areas and gate lounges.
Simply connect to the “Airport Free Wi-Fi” network and answer a few short survey questions to commence your session. Please refer to our terms and conditions for Wi-Fi usage.
It is important to note that the free Wi-Fi service is not encrypted, so please consider the security of your personal information and other data when using the free service.
To assist you in connecting to the free Wi-Fi, we recommend the following:
Ensure you are on the latest version of the mobile device operating system. Please refer to your operating manual for instructions on how to update your device.
- Clear browser cookies and cache (browsing history).
- Turn ON cookies (at least from visited web sites).
- Turn OFF private browsing.
- Set your IP address settings to automatic.
- Close unnecessary applications to free mobile device memory.
- Disable data service (eg. GPRS or 3G) to avoid a roaming service fee.
- Select "Airport Free Wi-Fi" as your connection network.
- Launch an internet browser and enter any valid website address to use the Wi-Fi.
- Disconnect your device from the Wi-Fi network after use.
About Launceston Airport Wi-Fi Access
Welcome to a Launceston Airport Internet Hotspot (Hotspot). Hotspots are provided to you by Australia Pacific Airports (Launceston) Pty Ltd (ABN 79 081 578 903) (Launceston Airport) in our Terminal areas that are enabled with a wireless local area network.
Terms governing your use of the Hotspot
Launceston Airport may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions. Since you are bound by these Terms and Conditions each time you access and use a Hotspot, you should carefully review these Terms and Conditions each time you do so.
If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, you may not access or use this Hotspot.
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, any reference to "you" or "your" includes but is not limited to the owner and authorised user of the wireless enabled device used to access this Hotspot.
Connecting to the Hotspot
Each Hotspot location can only support a limited number of users accessing the Hotspot at any one time. Launceston Airport does not warrant or represent that you will be able to access and/or use the Hotspot immediately or each time you visit a Hotspot.
You are responsible for providing your own computer or mobile device (which must be a wireless enabled device) that is capable of accessing a Hotspot with its own power source. Launceston Airport does not provide power, information technology advice or assistance to any user of the Hotspot. You must not use the Hotspot under any circumstances if you do not have express permission of the lawful owner of the wireless enabled device.
Launceston Airport does not guarantee that the Hotspot will be compatible with any devices or software which you may use to connect to the Hotspot.
Speed and Reliability of the Hotspot
The speed and throughput of each Hotspot will vary depending on a number of factors, including but not limited to:
- the capabilities of your wireless enabled device;
- the physical location of the wireless access points within Launceston Airport;
- Hotspot user traffic during time of access, general internet congestion, wireless signal interference and the location of your wireless enabled device within Launceston Airport while accessing the Hotspot.
Launceston Airport will use reasonable endeavours to provide you with a reliable, stable and secure access to the Hotspot but, subject to the Statutory Guarantees referred to below, does not promise that the access to the Hotspot will be continuous, fault-free, secure or accessible. Launceston Airport advises that this Hotspot access is not suitable for supporting any application or use which requires continuous, fault-free network connectivity or uninterrupted data traffic flow.
Launceston Airport will use reasonable endeavours to monitor and attend to any Hotspot faults, malfunctions or other problems associated with the Hotspot access but, subject to the Statutory Guarantees, will not be liable if such faults, malfunctions or problems occur with the Hotspot and shall not be obligated to rectify any such faults, malfunctions or problems associated with the Hotspot at all or within any specified timeframe.
User Obligations and Limitations
The Hotspot is intended to be used in a fair and "community-minded" manner. To this end, Launceston Airport may, in its absolute and sole discretion, limit or block certain websites and/or content that you may seek to access while using the Hotspot. Without limiting its rights, Launceston Airport may block or limit access to websites and/or content that Launceston Airport considers are not "family friendly" or may bring negative exposure or harm to Launceston Airport's reputation and/or brand. This includes but is not limited to websites and/or content that:
- could cause Launceston Airport to be in breach of any law or any code or instrument which governs its conduct or to incur a liability to any third person or entity;
- could interfere with the integrity and/or performance of the Hotspot or any of Launceston Airport's other networks or equipment;
- depicts, alludes to or promotes offensive or illegal behaviour;
- is offensive or promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
- contains nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter or which may contain links to adult websites;
- promotes conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libellous;
- promotes an illegal or unauthorised copy of another person's copyrighted work (including but not limited to file sharing applications such as Limewire, eDonkey, Napster or any other Bit-Torrent or peer to peer applications);
- involves the transmission of "junk mail," "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging or "spamming";
- furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to, making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- contains any viruses, Malware, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, easter eggs or other computer programming routines that may damage, modify, delete, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, access without authority or expropriate any system, data or personal information; or
- uses sexually suggestive imagery or any other inappropriate, misleading or deceptive content.
You must comply with all directions issued by Launceston Airport relating to access to and use of a Hotspot.
Access to and use of websites and/or content via the Hotspot is also subject to such websites and/or content passing through the firewalls, anti-virus and other managed security systems prior to the Internet pages being delivered to your wireless enabled device, and which are determined and set in Launceston Airport’s sole discretion.
Length of Connection
You may utilise the Launceston Airport free Wi-Fi service for a continuous period of up to 3 hours. After this time, you will automatically be logged-out of the Hotspot but (subject to you being able to access a Hotspot) you may log in again and begin a new session.
Suspension and Termination
We may immediately suspend, terminate or limit your access to the Hotspot if:
- you are in breach of these Terms and Conditions;
- you attempt to manipulate or bypass any limitations of the Hotspot by any means;
- you behave in a vexatious, illegal, inappropriate, or unsociable manner (whether in Launceston Airport itself or as a user of the Hotspot);
- we believe on reasonable grounds that there is a real risk of serious loss or damage to Launceston Airport or a third party if we do not suspend, terminate or limit your access;
- there is an emergency; or
- there is an unusually high use of a Hotspot.
Automatic Logging Out
You will automatically be logged-out of the Hotspot if your access to the Hotspot is suspended or terminated by Launceston Airport in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
If you are in the process of downloading a file and you are automatically logged-out of the Hotspot, your partially downloaded file will not be saved or recoverable. Subject to the Statutory Guarantees, Launceston Airport is not liable for loss of your files or data and recommends that you save your work regularly while using the Hotspot and/or take the necessary precautions to prevent such occurrences.
The Internet is an inherently unsecure communication medium. While Launceston Airport will use reasonable endeavours to provide secure access through this Hotspot, it cannot guarantee the security of the Hotspot at all times. You are solely responsible for any information or data uploaded, downloaded or otherwise communicated via the Hotspot and you are responsible for keeping all usernames, passwords and other security-based information secure and private at all times.
By accepting these Terms and Conditions, you agree to Launceston Airport collecting, holding and disclosing the following information:
- information regarding your web browser type and/or operating system information as used by your wireless enabled device, in order to determine the most effective and/or customised way to display the requested webpage on your device;
- your first name, email address and postcode;
- location data at Launceston Airport;
- the IP and MAC address of the wireless enabled device that has accessed the Hotspot.
These Terms and Conditions and any pages via which you access a Hotspot may contain material which is subject to intellectual property rights, including copyright. You acknowledge and agree that Launceston Airport either owns or licences all such intellectual property rights and that nothing in these Terms and Conditions constitutes a transfer of any intellectual property rights to you.
To the extent necessary, Launceston Airport grants to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable and revocable licence to access and use the Hotspot and any related intellectual property rights, subject to these Terms and Conditions.
Limitation of Liability
Your use of a Hotspot under these Terms and Conditions may be subject to certain guarantees, warranties, terms and conditions imposed by the Australian Consumer Law set out in the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (as may be amended from time to time) which that law expressly provides may not be excluded, restricted or modified (Statutory Guarantees). Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes, restricts or otherwise modifies the Statutory Guarantees.
Subject to the Statutory Guarantees, your access to and use of this Hotspot is entirely at your own risk. Launceston Airport makes no warranties or representations as to the accessibility, security, stability or reliability of this Hotspot and Launceston Airport specifically disclaims any liability or responsibility for any Hotspot faults, failures or interruptions or the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, security or reliability of any communications (including, without limitation, any transactions) made using the Hotspot.
Subject to the Statutory Guarantees, neither Launceston Airport nor any other party involved in delivering the Hotspot is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive losses or any loss of profit, revenue or data arising out of your access to, or use of, or inability to use or access, the Hotspot for any reason whatsoever, even if Launceston Airport has been notified or advised of the possibility of such damages.
Launceston Airport assumes no responsibility, and makes no warranty or representation in relation to, and shall not be liable to you in respect of your use of any third party proprietary software.
Subject to the Statutory Guarantees, Launceston Airport assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damage to, or viruses or other harmful code that may infect your computer or mobile device or other property on account of or in connection with your access to or use of the Hotspot.
Launceston Airport is not responsible for the content of any website accessed or used via the Hotspot. Your access to and use of any website or network connection while using the Hotspot is entirely at your own risk.
Indemnity and Release
You agree to indemnify, release and hold harmless, Launceston Airport and its personnel, employees, agents and representatives, from and against all loss, damage, liability, charge, expense or cost (including all reasonable legal and other professional costs on a full indemnity basis) of any nature or kind arising from your use of a Hotspot or breach of these Terms and Conditions.