The Launceston Airport "Bike-Port" provides undercover bicycle facilities in a central location within the short term car park, immediately opposite the terminal forecourt and approximately 65m from the terminal entrance/exit doors.
Included in the facility are:
- Bicycle Service Stations - Two units are provided, with accompanying cycle mounts and tools (including air pumps), which allow for the assembly, disassembly and minor maintenance of bicycles.
- Free Bicycle Parking Facilities – CCTV monitored bicycle racks are provided for parking of up to 12 bikes.
Traveling with Bicycles
Bike boxes are available for purchase through each airline. Jetstar do not have boxes but are able to direct their passengers to Qantaslink or Virgin for purchase. Passengers to contact check-in staff for purchase/storage inquiries.
Information relating to carriage of bicycles by air can be found on the respective airline websites:
- Jetstar bulky items information page
- QantasLink sporting equipment page
- Virgin Australia oversize baggage page
- Sharp Airlines information page
Cycling to and from Launceston Airport
Cyclists may also find the below links useful when planning trips to and from Launceston Airport.
- Download the Greater Launceston Bicycle Commuting Network Map (PDF 3.8 MB) or visit their Walking and Cycling Track page.
- Top Road Cycling Routes from the Northern Tasmania website.
- Principal Urban Cycling Network Launceston (PDF 682KB)